Frequently Asked Questions

Below is a list of questions that we normally receive. Click on the question for the answer.

  • Can your office assist me in finding a hotel/RV Park/condo? Our family is planning to vacation in Brevard County but have not made reservations.

    Please contact one of the Chambers of Commerce to assist you to find accommodations:

    • Titusville Area Chamber of Commerce 321-267-3036
    • Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce 321-459-2200
    • Melbourne Regional Chamber of Commerce 321-724-5400
    • The Greater Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce 321-951-9998

    Also helpful - visit:

  • There is an animal in my yard. Who do I call?

    For wild animals (alligator, otters, deer, etc) - contact Florida Fish and Wildlife at 888-404-3922.
    For domestic animals (dog, cat,etc)- If you live in the County call Animal Control at 321-633-2024.
    If you live in a city, call the City Hall and ask for the correct department.
    If the animal is injured, please contact the Florida Wildlife Hospital at 321-254-8843.

  • A bird keeps flying into my window. How can I stop this?

    Bird Collisions are common for several species. The bird is seeing its reflection and thinks that another bird is there. There are several ways to help prevent this behavior and save the bird from severe injury or death.

    • You can Google "Bird Window Screens" to find helpful information and products to cover the offending window.
  • What programs are offered at the Enchanted Forest?

    Please contact the Enchanted Forest at 321-264-5185. The Forest is closed on Monday. Also, visit this web site for additional information:

  • There is a big construction project going on in our neighborhood. It appears that most of the big trees that we have enjoyed for years are being cut down. Who can I talk with that can help?

    If you live in the county or unincorporated area - call the Brevard County Planning and Zoning Department. If you live in a city, contact the city Planning and Zoning Department. You might also want to contact your City Manager, Mayor or Councilperson. If you live in the county, you might also want to contact the County Manager or your County Commissioner.

  • What programs are offered at the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge?

    Please contact the Refuge at 321-861-0667 for programs, tours, volunteer work activities and times for each.

  • I live on the beach and am new to the area. I walk on the beach at dusk and early evening and often see baby turtles. Some appear to be lost and going in several directions. How can I get help for them?

    During the turtle nesting season (May 1 - October 31), you would see this activity. Please contact the Sea Turtle Preservation Society at 321-676-1701 or visit their web site at for information. Also, make sure that the outside lights of your building and those buildings near yours are off at night during turtle nesting season.

  • Could you help us with finding some interestring things to do on our vacation in Brevard County?

    Please go to the contact link on this web site - send us your mailing address and we will send you the latest Adventure Guide. This book is full of things to to while in this area - you can plan activities for several days with this guide from the description and location direction. Also, visit for additional activity listings.