The Brevard Nature Alliance (BNA) is a voluntary group of individuals and organizations associated for the purpose of raising the awareness of citizens and visitors to the value and importance of the natural resources of Brevard County, Florida. We are dedicated to serving our community through educational outreach, environmental program development, strategic planning, and the sharing of information and expertise with all interested parties.
The Mission of the Brevard Nature Alliance is to build public awareness and appreciation of the value of Brevard County's natural resources by fostering and promoting ethical nature based ecotourism.
The BNA has established a Long Range Plan in order to work to establish the BNA as the Single Point of Contact and Clearinghouse for environmental/conservation information associated with nature-based and cultural-heritage tourism activities in Brevard County.
As a Clearinghouse for information on natural resources and nature-based and cultural heritage tourism, we actively offer promotion of and support to several key programs and projects of special interest to the community. These include:
- Engaging county-wide businesses who provide nature-based and cultural-heritage tourism activities. Partnering with organizations that provide peripheral support to these providers facilitates a broader reach of information to potential visitors to Florida's Space Coast.
- Partnering with Florida SEE to offer a certification program for specific categories of outdoor providers.
- On-going development of the Annual Space Coast Birding and Wildlife Festival. The Festival is recognized as the largest such event in the United States. It has become a premier national and international destination for birding, wildlife watching and nature-based activities.
- Assisting to implement local initiatives of special significance for nature-based education programs including Environmentally Endangered Lands Sanctuaries and other properties.
- Partnering with the Space Coast Office of Tourism to provide education and information about the county-wide Hidden Gems program to hotels, Chambers of Commerce and other visitor entry sites.
The Brevard Nature Alliance is chartered as a Not-for-Profit Corporation under the laws of the State of Florida and is an IRS 501(c) 3 tax exempt charitable organization. Membership is by application and extends to all individuals, organizations, and corporations dedicated to sound environmental practices and the preservation of natural resources for educational, recreational, and research uses.
The BNA web site offers free listings to Brevard County non-profit and nature-based organizations and providers on the Calendar of Events. Descriptions up to 50 words regarding services provided or scheduled events. Contact information should include phone, email, organization and website. Send information to: email@example.com